This county is included in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area (Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, Georgia Metropolitan Statistical Area).
There were 31,524 households out of which 43.10% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 71.50% were married couples living together, 8.30% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.60% were non-families. 15.00% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.50% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.88 and the average family size was 3.20.
In the county the population was spread out with 29.10% under the age of 18, 6.50% from 18 to 24, 27.70% from 25 to 44, 27.80% from 45 to 64, and 8.90% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 95.80 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.00 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $71,227, and the median income for a family was $78,853. Males had a median income of $54,738 versus $33,333 for females. The per capita income for the county was $29,464. About 2.00% of families and 2.60% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.80% of those under age 18 and 4.60% of those age 65 or over.
- The Citizen Front Page (Online News)
- Community Information Guide (Coweta & Fayette Counties)
- Fayette County (Official)
- Fayette County Board of Education
- Fayette County Chamber of Commerce
- Fayette County Clerk (Superior, State & Magistrate Courts)
- Fayette County Development Authority
- Fayette County Historical Society
- Fayette County Humane Society
- georgia.gov - Fayette County