Griffin-Spalding County Library
Administrative Procedures Governing the Meeting Room
29 March 2008
Nota bene: Each location of the Flint River Regional
Library System has separate policies and procedures regarding the use of their
meeting room facilities. Those listed below are for the Griffin-Spalding County
Library. Please call your local library for information regarding the use of
- No smoking is permitted in the Meeting Room or elsewhere inside the
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed n the Meeting Room or elsewhere
on library property.
- Individuals must be at least 21 years of age and must present a valid
Flint River Regional Library card or other acceptable form of identification
in order to reserve the Meeting Room for a group.
- The Meeting Room is available to groups whose headquarters are in or who
provide services to residents of the Flint River Regional Library service
area. The room is not available for use by denominational or partisan
political groups. Commercial or profit-making organizations sponsoring
education programs of a non-profit nature will be permitted to use the room
provided the meetings are open and free to the public. Local business use
is permissible when no selling, solicitation, or order taking occurs.
- The Meeting Room is available for use each day the library is open until
one-quarter hour (i.e., fifteen minutes) before the library closes.
Special arrangements must be made for a meeting lasting longer than four
hours or for a series of meetings lasting several days.
- A minimum group of ten persons is necessary in order to reserve the
- The maximum number of people allowed in the Meeting Room for a meeting
- "Request for Use of Meeting Room" applications are taken at the
Circulation Desk during regular library hours.
- The Meeting Room can be reserved for up to six months in advance.
- The library will not commit its Meeting Room for long-term, regularly
scheduled meetings. Organizations with a scheduled meeting may re-apply for
their next meeting no earlier than on the day of the scheduled meeting.
- Library parking is limited. Groups using the Meeting Room must remind
participants that cars parked in the driveways or loading zones may be
ticketed or towed.
- Programs may not disturb the use of the library by other patrons.
Persons attending meetings are subject to all library rules and regulations.
- In consideration of other groups that may be waiting to use the Meeting
Room, all groups are expected to observe the time allotted for their group
in the original application.
- Each group is responsible for returning the room to its original setup
before leaving. Groups requiring the reconfiguration of the Meeting Room
furniture must seek assistance from the Meeting Room coordinator. The
library cannot provide personnel to assist in handling exhibits or other
materials needed by groups using the meeting room.
- Users are responsible for clean-up and placement of all trash in the
proper receptacles. Payment is required by check in the amount of $100.00
prior to using the Meeting Room. The check should be made payable to The
Griffin-Spalding County Library and will be refunded following the meeting
unless there is spillage or other damage in the room. The Meeting Room will
be inspected before and after the meeting for food or drink spillage by
library staff to confirm condition.
- Library facilities must be left in a clean and orderly condition. Users
must pay for any damages to facilities. The library will not be responsible
for materials left in the building.
- Organizations using the Meeting Room are responsible for turning off all
Meeting Room lights prior to leaving.
- A record of the number of persons attending each meeting must be turned
in at the Circulation Desk following the conclusion of each meeting.
- The library encourages publicity regarding usage of the Meeting Room.
However, the library assumes no responsibility for the promotion or
announcement of community group meetings.
- Any group showing a video recording should warrant that all necessary
performance licenses have been secured, in order that the library can be
indemnified for any failure on their part to do so.
- Request for the use of library audiovisual equipment and its set-up
should be made through the Meeting Room coordinator at the time of the
- The library reserves the right to deny the use of the Meeting Room to
groups failing to follow the Meeting Room Policy for the Members of the
Flint River Regional Library or the Griffin-Spalding County Library Rules
Governing the Use of the Meeting Room.
- The library board of trustees and staff do not assume any liability on
groups or individuals attending a meeting in the library.